« Home | Stupid Mozilla » | i dont like blog titles » | katooey »

Im a proud owner of Alienware.


Is that not a sweet computer or what? What's even sweeter is that I'm blogging right now from that computer.
That's right, I'm a proud owner of the alienware aurora m9700. I've actually had it since the middle of September, I guess I'm a little late with this. Lately I've been "awe-ing and oooh-ing" over my computer and figured Id let the world know. The story goes like this. I was about to start college and needed a laptop for class. Any old thing could have done, yes i know. But I knew that when I wasn't in school I would still need a computer, so I wanted to get something wicked awesome. My first thought was the 17" dell xps. But ever since Stefan's dad had an alienware sent to him to test, I've sorta had a little thing for them. Turns out my computer is the exact competitor of the dell xps. What opted me out of that one for this one is the uniqueness of it. And that still holds true as many many people in class have asked me, "hey what is that". I had connections through my buddies dad who is the "computer buyer" for UBC, and he said he could get me a deal on an xps. So i told him to check it out. As I waited and waited, in the mad rush to get a computer before school I went ahead and got the aurora seen here. The starting price was 1600 American. In fact It is advertised all over the Internet as a 4000 dollar computer. The sick part is, you can only get alienware direct from the company, IN MIAMI! So after taxes, shipping duty and transfer rate i dished out a clean $2500 flat for it. I ordered this puppy on short metal chain to keep it realistic. In fact this is the reason why I'm posting. Ive really be wishing I woulda spent a tad extra money, If I would have it would have been more memory.
stats:
Dual AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile ML34 1.8GHz 800MHz FSB 1MB L2 Cach processor
(minimum choice)
512MB Single Channel DDR SO-DIMM at 400MHz - 1 x 512MB
(opted for this instead of 1gig, regretting that now)
60GB Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s 5,400 RPM w/ NCQ & 8MB Cache
(who needs a hundred gigs anyway)
24x10x24 CD-RW Burner / 8X DVD Reader
(shoulda got the dvd burner, now im going to end up buying an external)
256MB NVidia® GeForce™ Go 7900 GS video card
(to go duel video would have costs $450 more, now the extra video card is free on the christmas deal. sick dogger)

Well thats basically the gist of it.
It's not the same computer that is advertised everywhere on the inside (although its pretty darn close) but it's the same wicked awsome computer on the out side.

Btw. When I got the quote for the xps i was glad i opted for alienware. It was $3000 bucks! and that was with the deal, but that was after it was slammed with every upgrade possible. So it would have actually been more powerful and fast and yadyadayada. But i prefer mine.

check it out: http://alienware.com/product_detail_pages/Aurora_m9700/aurora-m_overview.aspx?SysCode=PC-LT-AURORA-M-9700&SubCode=SKU-B#pdp-nav<br>